Nominations for the 2019 Board are now closed.
At their May 23, 2018 Board meeting, the National Hong Kong Veterans
Commemorative Association (HKVCA) Board of Directors approved an Elections
Committee, independent of the Board, to oversee the 2018 Annual Election of the
National Board Directors. The Elections Committee includes Kathie Carlson
(Chair), Jim Trick (Webmaster), Cynthia Melanson, and Sharon Kurtz.
The Elections Committee wishes to advise members of the forthcoming Annual
Election of Directors, with results to be approved at the Annual General meeting
to be held in Ottawa on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
Nominations and Elections Process:
- A call for nomination is included with the Summer, 2018 HKVCA Newsletter
- All Nomination Forms must have a postmark or email date, on or before
August 1st, 2018.
- The Elections Committee will validate the Nominees by contacting them to
ensure their willingness to serve if elected. A short biography will be
required at that time. Deadline for receipt of biographies is August 21,
2018, for the nominee to be included on the election ballot.
- If there are more than 12 valid nominees, the Elections Committee will
conduct an election.
- The Elections Ballot and individual biographies will be included in the
- All Ballots must have a postmark or email date, on or before October 30,
- The Elections Committee will prepare a written report for presentation
and acceptance at the December 8, 2018 Annual General meeting in Ottawa.
Formal notification of the Election results will also be included in the
- At the first meeting of the new Board of Directors, the board appoints
the Executive Committee (President, Secretary etc.).
In addition to the HKVCA National Board of Directors, there are 5 Regional
Councils (BC, Prairie, Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic) chaired by the elected
Director for that region. Positions of Secretary and Treasurer on the Regional
Councils are filled by volunteers. If you or someone you know is interested in
volunteering for positions on the Regional Councils, please make recommendations
directly to your Regional Director, as Regional Council Secretary/Treasurer
positions are not a part of the National Board Election.
"Call for Nominations" for the HKVCA National Board of Directors
At this time, the Election Committee is formally “Calling for Nominations”
for HKVCA National Board Directors. The Nomination forms are attached to this
Summer edition of the 2018 Newsletter. We urge all current members to consider
whom you feel would contribute their time, energy and skills, to ensure that the
spirit, purpose and success of HKVCA are carried forth into the future.
Please review the following before submitting your nominations to the
- This Elections Committee is seeking nominees for a maximum of twelve
- The term of office for all Directors is now one (1) year. (There is no
longer a limit to the number of sequential terms a member may serve.)
- You may nominate as many as twelve (12) people. (Consider advising any
nominee(s) of your plans.)
- A nominee must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- A nominee must be an HKVCA member or become a member within ten (10)
days after election or appointment as a Director.
- Select the Form in PDF format,
suitable for printing, filling-out, and mailing. Please fill in all the
information that you can.
- Choose our convenient online form.
Contact our Elections Chair.